Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mayan 2012: The Silliest Apocalypse Yet



  You know what I find interesting about people who talk about the world ending and the Mayan calendar…blah blah blah…13th baktun….blah blah… Dec.21st 2012…blah blah blah? Well what’s interesting to me about all that crap is that it doesn’t seem that anyone who speaks of the topic actually knows what the prophecy is or what is said to happen! No one seems to know where this silly “prophecy” came from either, the answers I usually get are “The Internet right?”, I mean  come on! You are seriously going to promote the idea that the world is going to end yet you have no actual knowledge of what, how or why this is going to take place? Silliness is what that is. Another silly thing about Mayan-calendar-catastrophe-nuts is their confusion with the Mayans and The Aztecs, for example:


 

  Now let’s look at the Mayans as a culture; they indulged in ritual human sacrifice to their gods and had cannibalism festivals. Yeah, good job lets believe the crazy tribe that liked to eat humans. These people could not predict the Spanish coming but yet people say they predicted the end of the world. There are also many cultures that are older than the Mayans that had catastrophe prophecies, like the Sumerians with the rise of Cthulhu which in my opinion is more likely to happen than the Mayan-2012-B.S. Other than there being excellent “end of the world” parties on 12-21-12, the day is going to be no less different than today or any other day. Thanks for tuning in for this little rant. Till next time,

Beatus Esse,

T.LH

1 comment:

  1. Wow I got schooled on my own blog hahaha. Thanks JonDanzig, that was very informative and I learned something. I was a kid in 2000 so it didn't seem like a big deal but I know the truth now. Darn, I must think of a new tittle. I thought mine was so clever.

    ReplyDelete